UPS Dynasty Cap Message Board

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message Board for UPS Dynasty Cap

Latest topics

» Jameis Rookie Contract Extension
Ties        Empty12/21/2017, 4:26 pm by Raining Bullets

» Gordon Extensions
Ties        Empty11/27/2017, 3:45 pm by Raining Bullets

» New Guys Extension
Ties        Empty11/27/2017, 3:36 pm by Raining Bullets

» C-Town Mid-Season Extension
Ties        Empty11/27/2017, 3:32 pm by Raining Bullets

» Good inHood
Ties        Empty11/27/2017, 3:30 pm by Raining Bullets

» Blake Bombers Contract Extensions
Ties        Empty11/27/2017, 3:24 pm by Raining Bullets

» Cleon Cash
Ties        Empty11/19/2017, 9:34 am by Raining Bullets

» Chivalry mid year multi
Ties        Empty11/19/2017, 9:20 am by Raining Bullets

» UW Extension
Ties        Empty11/15/2017, 4:24 pm by UlteriorWarrior

4 posters

Ties

Raining Bullets
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Ties        Empty Ties

Post by Raining Bullets 6/28/2012, 9:48 am

What is the feeling on ties? Given the fact we operate with decimals, the chances of a tie are slim.

For the regular season we treat them as ties. For the playoffs, the higher seed moves on.

There is an option to choose a bench player to act as a tie breaker. You would select the player prior to the game, and I would say it would need to be a NON-QB. In the 5 years of Surhoff Football we have only had 1 tie and we operate under similar scoring system using fractional points. Like I said, the chances are extremely slim that this kind of situation would ever come up. I am less concerned with it occurring during the regular season. But if it ever did happen in the playoffs, it could cause some people to get pissed. Just trying to get a vibe from the league on this matter.
    Good in Da Hood
    Good in Da Hood

Ties        Empty Re: Ties

Post by Good in Da Hood 6/28/2012, 9:58 pm

I hate ties. Are we playing t-ball? The facts don't lie, if you like ties there is a 98% chance you like were sodomized by Sandusky..and liked it. Playoffs certainly should include the bench player-tie break and not highest seed wins. Highest seed by right SHOULD beat a lower seed, no added advantage should exist. And I am believer that whatever rules apply to playoffs should apply to regular season.
    Raining Bullets
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Post by Raining Bullets 7/20/2012, 2:26 pm

This topic is up for discussion and will be voted on by the league prior to the draft. PLEASE CHIME IN LEAGUE.
    SexManther
    SexManther

Post by SexManther 7/22/2012, 8:31 pm

I would be cool with picking a player from your bench. Absolutely hate when the higher seed is the tie breaker
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Admin

Post by Wetter than Dutch Dikes 7/23/2012, 10:34 pm

I agree with Martel, and maybe even with Steve hahaha. I just think of a potential situation where a pansy division winner plays a strong wild card (2 vs 3) and the division winner that got there on account of a weaker schedule all year now moves on to the semifinals (aka almost assured of getting MORE prize money, after getting $25 for winning said crap division) because of a tie. That would not sit well with anybody.
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Admin

Post by Wetter than Dutch Dikes 7/23/2012, 10:39 pm

Plus it'll be hilarious where we've all said "aaah, I almost started that guy too!" when he breaks out for 30 points from our bench, now there's an extra layer of showing we know what we're talking about. Given the unlikelihood (is that a real word?) that a tie will happen, maybe I'll just pick my worst guy as my potential tiebreaker. Then it's like you're playing WAR in cards and hoping your 3 pulls an upset. OK, there was nothing cool or funny about that statement, so here's another one, I'm going to bed now.
    Raining Bullets
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Post by Raining Bullets 7/23/2012, 11:03 pm

I should note that in 5 years of Surhoff with fractional scoring we have had 1 tie. That's a 1 in 420 chance at this point. So it probably won't ever rear its ugly head but good to get the vibe on this ahead of time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:53 pm