Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:01 pm by Raining Bullets

» Thomas Rawls
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:00 pm by Raining Bullets

Ties

Raining Bullets
    Admin

Ties

Post by Raining Bullets on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 am

What is the feeling on ties? Given the fact we operate with decimals, the chances of a tie are slim.

For the regular season we treat them as ties. For the playoffs, the higher seed moves on.

There is an option to choose a bench player to act as a tie breaker. You would select the player prior to the game, and I would say it would need to be a NON-QB. In the 5 years of Surhoff Football we have only had 1 tie and we operate under similar scoring system using fractional points. Like I said, the chances are extremely slim that this kind of situation would ever come up. I am less concerned with it occurring during the regular season. But if it ever did happen in the playoffs, it could cause some people to get pissed. Just trying to get a vibe from the league on this matter.
    Good in Da Hood

Re: Ties

Post by Good in Da Hood on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:58 pm

I hate ties. Are we playing t-ball? The facts don't lie, if you like ties there is a 98% chance you like were sodomized by Sandusky..and liked it. Playoffs certainly should include the bench player-tie break and not highest seed wins. Highest seed by right SHOULD beat a lower seed, no added advantage should exist. And I am believer that whatever rules apply to playoffs should apply to regular season.
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Post by Raining Bullets on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm

This topic is up for discussion and will be voted on by the league prior to the draft. PLEASE CHIME IN LEAGUE.
    SexManther

Post by SexManther on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:31 pm

I would be cool with picking a player from your bench. Absolutely hate when the higher seed is the tie breaker
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Admin

Post by Wetter than Dutch Dikes on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:34 pm

I agree with Martel, and maybe even with Steve hahaha. I just think of a potential situation where a pansy division winner plays a strong wild card (2 vs 3) and the division winner that got there on account of a weaker schedule all year now moves on to the semifinals (aka almost assured of getting MORE prize money, after getting $25 for winning said crap division) because of a tie. That would not sit well with anybody.
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Admin

Post by Wetter than Dutch Dikes on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Plus it'll be hilarious where we've all said "aaah, I almost started that guy too!" when he breaks out for 30 points from our bench, now there's an extra layer of showing we know what we're talking about. Given the unlikelihood (is that a real word?) that a tie will happen, maybe I'll just pick my worst guy as my potential tiebreaker. Then it's like you're playing WAR in cards and hoping your 3 pulls an upset. OK, there was nothing cool or funny about that statement, so here's another one, I'm going to bed now.
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Post by Raining Bullets on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 pm

I should note that in 5 years of Surhoff with fractional scoring we have had 1 tie. That's a 1 in 420 chance at this point. So it probably won't ever rear its ugly head but good to get the vibe on this ahead of time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:05 am