UPS Dynasty Cap Message Board

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message Board for UPS Dynasty Cap

Latest topics

» Jameis Rookie Contract Extension
Off-season Contract Extensions Empty12/21/2017, 4:26 pm by Raining Bullets

» Gordon Extensions
Off-season Contract Extensions Empty11/27/2017, 3:45 pm by Raining Bullets

» New Guys Extension
Off-season Contract Extensions Empty11/27/2017, 3:36 pm by Raining Bullets

» C-Town Mid-Season Extension
Off-season Contract Extensions Empty11/27/2017, 3:32 pm by Raining Bullets

» Good inHood
Off-season Contract Extensions Empty11/27/2017, 3:30 pm by Raining Bullets

» Blake Bombers Contract Extensions
Off-season Contract Extensions Empty11/27/2017, 3:24 pm by Raining Bullets

» Cleon Cash
Off-season Contract Extensions Empty11/19/2017, 9:34 am by Raining Bullets

» Chivalry mid year multi
Off-season Contract Extensions Empty11/19/2017, 9:20 am by Raining Bullets

» UW Extension
Off-season Contract Extensions Empty11/15/2017, 4:24 pm by UlteriorWarrior

4 posters

Off-season Contract Extensions

Raining Bullets
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Off-season Contract Extensions Empty Off-season Contract Extensions

Post by Raining Bullets 7/20/2012, 3:02 pm

This topic was brought up by Cranium Krusherz and was something I have been thinking about since early this off-season.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS ROOKIE CONTRACTS THAT EXPIRE.

Currently any Off-Season extension makes said players value go up a minimum $10K or 20% for 1 year deals and $20K or 40% for 2 year extensions. This we already know. The issue becomes, when we give the extension the raise kicks in immediately that season. With it being an extension should the contract not be given a raise until the "extended years".

Example Welker in Final Year of Contract. If BTNH gives a 1 year extension his salary becomes $46K for 2012 and 2013. Well this does not give him much incentive to give an extension because realistically he is looking at paying him a $20K overall raise.

The current format allows for there to me more turnover with players as players get dumped back into the free agency pool. Is this what you owners want? Or would you prefer to be able to lock up those guys where you are only being affected for the years that are being extended?

PLEASE CHIME IN
    C-Town Chivalry
    C-Town Chivalry

Off-season Contract Extensions Empty Re: Off-season Contract Extensions

Post by C-Town Chivalry 7/21/2012, 7:07 pm

turnover is good, but you should be able to give a guy an extension. I think it should apply, not to the current year but to the extended years only. If it applies to the current year, I don't see many people giving extensions, ever.
    Raining Bullets
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Post by Raining Bullets 7/22/2012, 11:07 am

I agree Bear, basically the only players who will get extended are those cheap superstar players. Jimmy Graham (2 year extension brings him to $31K still good value), Cam Newton (2 year extension brings to $25). I still think there will be plenty of turnover personally. Owners are still responsible for that extended contract. So if Welker was given an extension and he blows his knee out at end of 2012, BTNH has Welker for 2013 for $46 and if he cuts the player he still has the cap penalty.
    SexManther
    SexManther

Post by SexManther 7/22/2012, 8:39 pm

Sign me up for that idea!
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Admin

Post by Wetter than Dutch Dikes 7/23/2012, 10:29 pm

Raises to the initial year seemed strange as hell to me at first, but now I kind of like it. Let's face it, hitting on some of these guys going for 1-10k is sh!t luck, and in my opinion they're just as likely to get the extension as Welker and other upper echelon guys. Sproled, Denarius Moore, M Bush got extensions last year 'cause they were dirt cheap and only showing SOME upside was needed to get an extension from guys that knew damn well it was really a $20k raise. Why'd we do it? Because that was the only way to keep them for an extra year, so it was the only way to keep them when their role could expand the next year, so the "then&now" raise didn't hurt their trade value.
    Raining Bullets
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Post by Raining Bullets 7/23/2012, 10:45 pm

"Mr. Bousquet, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Seriously what the fuck are you saying? Lol. Let's look at the facts (not one
    extension given out all offseason). If rule was different we would have at least 10 thereby making the league more active and having greater control of their roster.
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Wetter than Dutch Dikes
    Admin

Post by Wetter than Dutch Dikes 7/23/2012, 10:58 pm

That's because returning owners took a catnap this offseason, knowing they have until Sept 1st to exercise the extension option.

Plus, beyond Blake (The Champ) graciously allowing Foster & McCoy to hit the market, it's not a very enticing free agency year. Can you imagine what it'd look like if Cruz & Nelson got the IN-season extensions they so deserved? And you want to make it easier to extend guys?

POINT, LARUSO! I'll take "Your mother, the tramp" for $500, Alex.
    Raining Bullets
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Post by Raining Bullets 7/23/2012, 11:11 pm

In-Season extensions do not go into effect until the following season anyway. I fucked up last year and made up my own rules when I extended Moore. Then I fined myself $10 for the fuck up. But yes owners who make solid pickups should be rewarded. How hard is it to say uhhhh Foster $70K...not very. But to build a solid core of cheap studs is what it is abojt.

So Blake won the championship last yr but let's face it despite his absurd record (thanks for being the only one to beat him Bousq by the way) he was BEYOND LUCKY. And I am not referring to his all-play. I am talking about how he bought 5 studs had a relatively weak bench and managed to avoid injuries to his stars.

Raining Bullets
    Raining Bullets
    Admin

Post by Raining Bullets 7/23/2012, 11:17 pm

All I am saying is that there is not much upside to giving guys raises. For example, besides Sproles none of those other players would have gone for more than their raise. Bush is a backup running back so what he is maybe $6k tops and Denarius Moore goes for $16-$18 MAX if he were in free agency.
    Look at Welker pay him $36 this yr and then win in auction next yr for $45? Or give an extwension and pay $46 this year and next? Better off taking chance inFree Agency unless it is a cheap stud AKA the lucky guys. (Newton,Jordy,Cruz,FJax etc.) So yea those guys will get extended but none of the more expensive guys ever will.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 6:18 am